UNICEF Strategic Collaboration Portal
Since its inception over 50 years ago, UNICEF Canada has grown into a recognized national symbol for the world’s children and the most visible United Nations presence across the country. UNICEF Canada’s mandate is to raise funds in support of UNICEF’s work for children in more than 150 countries and territories and build awareness among Canadians about the issues facing the world’s most vulnerable children. Through media and promotion, strong national corporate partnerships, celebrity relations and innovative fundraising strategies, UNICEF Canada mobilizes individuals, young people, businesses, governments, and foundations to support UNICEF’s work. Guided by the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child, UNICEF believes that the survival, protection, and development of children must be a global priority, and that every child has the right to health, education, equality, and protection.
UNICEF Canada selected Envision IT to implement a new corporate intranet for its staff built on Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007. It was essential to have a central collaboration site for all employees across the country, with documents easily accessed by department and region. At the same time it was important to maintain branding consistent with the public website and corporate image. Once the site was developed, Envision IT was responsible for training the administrators and business users to ensure maximum adoption.
- A central collaboration site with superior content management
- Custom views and access based on user profile
- Consistent look and feel across the site with standard templates and branding
- Easy navigation and rich people search
- Use of Excel Services to easily publish and share financial reports from the Board of Directors
- Ability for the site to grow to include Business Intelligence, KPI’s, dashboards, and integration with Line of Business systems